Wednesday, October 29, 2008

TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY!


This is a cargo pocket I added to a pair of my friend Mark's jeans.. He said that his phone doesn't fit very well in the pockets that are given to him by most jeans, but that he has some shorts with cargo pockets that work very well for the phone. Unfortunately, cargo pants themselves don't really fit him right, so he needed the pocket to be added on.

On the top opening of the pocket I covered the denim with some leftover fabric from his pillowcases, simply because I don't think my little sewing machine could handle sewing through the five layers of denim that would have been created where the two pockets meet. I added two decorative stripes across the pocket to match those on the original pockets. Before I give these pants back to him, I still want to sew around the edge of the pocket one more time to enclose the raw edges- similar to the double seam around most factory-manufactured pockets.

No comments: