Monday, November 10, 2008

Turtle Hood



Justine and I were going through her mom's old pattern stock (Mrs. Urbikas used to be the same size as I am! It's great!), and we came across this one for a dress with a really long, loose turtle neck. Justine let me take it home, and I made this shirt as a practice piece with the pattern to see how it works out.

I just bought a plain shirt at the Unique Thrift Store over on Elston, just north of Addison (love it, if you like thrifting, look for a Unique), as well as a big robe in a complementary sea green. The edges aren't finished, which is a little annoying and awkward looking, but again, just wanted to sketch this out. I also added a little length to the bottom.


In bad news though, my little Singer is a little ill, so I sent it home with my mom to have my grandpa look at and fix. This means, I won't be able to machine sew anything until at least Thanksgiving, which is rough.

Sorry for the poor photo lighting, it's tough when you're taking them of yourself!

2 comments:

Justine Urbikas said...

it looks good from what I can see. awesome. now we have to find me a fabric cause I want one too!

maggiehlaban said...

Try JoAnns- I'm super excited because they actually carry that waffle thermal fabric now (a couple years ago I REALLY wanted to make my self some thermal shirts and couldn't find it). Anyways, you probably have different taste, but they have one wafflethermal pattern that's navy blue with bright red lobsters on it and I think it's very cute.

But anyways, let's go find fabric!!