Sunday, July 27, 2014

Embroidered Dragon #1



















The next phase of my dragon blanket project involves interpreting drawings into embroidery. On this one I chose to use a plaid fabric for the wings, to fill in the space quickly, and provide an interesting pattern. I satin-stitched the sections of the dragon's stomach, and chose to outline the rest of the dragon, to keep it from being too heavy. I also back-stitched around the edge of the wings- they are attached with the glue from Wonder Under, but it is ultimately going to be on a baby blanket, and needs to be able to be washed in a standard washer/dryer, so I decided it would be smart to double ensure that the wings weren't going to peel off. My friend NSNC drew the dragon for this square.

1 comment:

Earthbound Spirit said...

They always look so peaceful, when they're sleeping...