Saturday, March 29, 2014

Baby Blanket Trio

For my last birthday, I got a couple books of new crochet patterns. I was already planning to make a baby blanket or two (I know a couple folks who are expecting), so this was a good chance to try out some new patterns on smaller blankets. The two blankets on the sides of the picture use the same pattern, with rows of double crochets alternating with rows of shells and v-stitches. The one in the middle has split shells and regular double crochets alternating in a pattern to make vertical rows. The blue on the right has alternating, equally thick stripes of a medium baby blue yarn and a mixed light baby blue and white yarn, with a single crochet border of the lighter blue. The purple is solid in a lavender (that I had around- I had a smaller skein of this color, as well as some leftover from the basketweave afghan in my previous post), with horizontal stripes of a darker purple, and bordered once around with the lavender again. The green on on the left has a stripe of a medium baby green at either end, with a stripe of white just inside green, and the body between them is a shiny light green. This one will have a single crochet border, once around, in the white, but it wasn't quite ready yet when I took the picture.

No comments: