Sunday, January 19, 2014

Small Multi-color Afghan


A long while back, I had some odds and ends in some brighter, pastel colors, and I decided to work it all into little squares, as there wasn't enough of any of them to work out a pattern for something larger. After finishing a couple more projects, and discovering a bag full of old yarn at my parent's house, I had some more scrap yarn to work with, and made up more squares to go with the original batch.

Each square is about 4 inches wide/tall, and I decided to make this blanket 10 squares by 10 squares, to make it larger rather than smaller. It did end up pretty big for a baby; my mom said that it was about "crib-size", but I could also see it being about the right size for a toddler. It's pretty gender-neutral, doesn't really scream all pink! or all blue!. I also added a border around the edge, of one row of single crochet and another of half-double crochet to hold it all together, weave in seams, and add some sturdiness to some of the slip stitch edges on the squares. I used the same white for the border as I used to slip stitch the squares together on the back side.

I did still end up with 3 extra squares, to start off the next little-square project.

No comments: