Thursday, January 2, 2014

Green Afghan- New Square Pattern

I learned a new pattern for a granny square, and decided to make an afghan out of it. This pattern is a little less holey than traditional granny squares, and has an X-shape built into the pattern. I had to learn how to make 'clusters' to make this pattern, but once I had made one or two of these squares I had it down. I think it turned out pretty nice, and I like knowing how to make more than just my standard square. This blanket turned out to be a pretty good size, as pictured. The entire blanket was done in a light green color, and there's a two row, single crochet border around the edge to hold it all together and tuck in loose yarn ends.

As a reminder, since I know a couple of my friends out there are on their way to becoming aunties and uncles- unless I mention that a project was for someone, all blankets and hats are up for grabs, until donated to charity. Hats go to the UIC hospital, blankets get donated through Project Linus ( http://www.projectlinus.org/ ) to various hospitals throughout the area. So: this afghan could be yours, for your home or as a gift for friend or family member, just let me know if you want it! Otherwise, it will go on my pile and eventually be donated to Project Linus.

No comments: