Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Brown Square Afghan

Another granny-square afghan- this one in brown and variegated gold/peach/brown. I had two skeins of the Lion Brand multicolor yarn, and most of a big 1-lb. skein of brown (there was a project a while back that created some leftovers when I needed just a little bit more). I put them next to each other and it looked nice, so I commenced making as many squares as I could- and oddly, was able to make the exact same number out of both yarns (though, 32 total doesn't divide as nicely as 30, the final blanket is 6 squares by 5 squares). I stitched them together with a gold yarn that my grandma had given me a little of, since there wasn't enough brown left, and then edged the whole thing with the multicolor yarn, since there was enough for that.

Count it as another one for Project Linus!

No comments: