Sunday, June 24, 2012

"Yarn Blanket"

I've been working on this afghan for a long time. I think I started buying the yarn last fall... and just worked on it between projects or TV time through to about a week ago. It took a long time to finish, but it also spent a fair amount of time sitting in the project bucket while something else took center stage (for example, I made another granny square afghan for my sister for Christmas, and another for another friend at the same time, both of which remain unchronicled in blog form, and likely never will be).

The yarn is brown (bought in the big pound skeins, I needed a lot!), with reddish accent stripes. Stripes are uniform size, but the distance between them is however I was feeling that day. Also, this afghan is enormous. More than long enough to cover all of my boyfriend, who is roughly 6' tall (I didn't ask for specs, but he's taller than me).

This afghan needs a home. I already have enough blankets, and don't need another- if you or someone you know would like it, let me know! If you know a good charity in the Chicagoland area that would take it, let me know!

No comments: