Thursday, June 7, 2012

And then 11 months happened...

Maybe you've forgotten I have a blog. I mostly did too. I'd make projects and think, "oh I should post this to the blog..." < /thoughtprocess >. It didn't ever happen. And then to have to follow up the desk project! That thing took so long. That thing is what my computer is sitting on as I type this post up.

Regardless, blog is back, here is a blanket. I've been crocheting for years, and I'm a wicked packrat, who will not throw away scraps! Neither will my mom- there are bits of the yarn from my older brother's baby blanket in there. And bits from baby blankets made for coworkers, and bits from afghans I made for friends & family, bits of yarn from small skeins that were given to me solo, and bits from skeins I bought for small projects that never left the yarn bucket. So it's a scrap-square-afghan, and it now resides in the apartment of my friend and neighbor, as pictured. (:

Used white to border each square, to hold the design together. May or may not be visible in the picture, but I did end up using a number of different whites. Used a cream color to single crochet around the edge and keep the edges from being too delicate.

No comments: