Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Blankie 911!

D came home last weekend and told me he needed a blanket for his nephew- for Thanksgiving- which was then just under a week and a half away. So, I had to come up with a pattern that was simple enough to get finished in a week. I remembered the design of these quilts we saw on the "loft" beds at a cabin we stayed at on vacation, which were pretty, but simply pieced, and I ran with that. Picked out fabric on Monday, started cutting in the next day or two, went out for D's birthday on Thursday, started catching a cold Friday, remembered at the LAST MINUTE I had a one-day workshop class at Lillstreet on Saturday, and still managed to have all the pieces cut out, pieced into squares (with a big X through all thicknesses) and put back together by 8pm on Sunday. I ran it through the washer and drier this evening, and it's all set to travel with us tomorrow. I don't *love* the rough and raw edges, and probably won't make a regular practice of it, but it was fun to break the rules and let them fray out in the open just once.



No comments: