Monday, June 23, 2014

Burda 9802

Today I took one of my "call-in vacation" days because I woke up and really wanted to stay at home and sew and CUT FABRIC, and really did not want to go in to work. SO, I had been sitting on the pattern and fabric for this little dress for a while, and cut it out and put it all together today. Made a couple changes to the pattern- used some twill tape that I had instead of bias tape (the clerk at Joanns the other day and I couldn't figure out what the symbol on the back of the pattern envelope meant. I bought elastic.), and I didn't want to mess around with fabric ruffles, so I raided my trims stash and found some eyelet lace in two sizes, that matched. I couldn't find 3 buttons I liked that matched in my button tin, so I used two that I liked and matched, and a third that looks like a little rose for the top button. I used a water soluble marker to plan the buttonholes, for the first time, and it was pretty successful. Made it easy to see where they were supposed to be- I usually just try to eyeball it with the button next to my needle. They ended up a little bit tight, but I think they'll be ok after washing. This dress is so teeny! I made the 3month size- baby is due around August, I believe, so the weather will match the dress best when she's teeny as well.

I also cut out a whole bunch of quilt square pieces, but didn't get to sewing them. I hand hemmed a hankie that my grandma embroidered. I determined that my rotary cutter was, in fact, quite sharp, by slicing my finger. I started crocheting another baby hat. I had grilled cheese for lunch. And most importantly, my table is now clean again! I put all the scraps and equipment away, IN THE SAME DAY. :)

No comments: