Monday, January 14, 2013

Chunky Yarn Blankie

I had just a little bit of chunky purple yarn left, and had to use it somehow. I had also made myself an infinity scarf out of a shiny cream colored yarn that I ended up never wearing. So, I bought a single skein of chunky pink yarn (same brand/style as the purple) to extend what I had, then went ahead pulling out my scarf and making stripes of pink (and one of purple) every six rows. Ended up not having enough pink leftover to border the whole thing, so I made a thick border row on one edge to tie in all the fringes left from changing colors, and then slip stitched an edge on the opposite border, for a little bit of balance. I'm still not super thrilled with the uneven border, but the goal is to be rid of some of the piles of yarn, not add more chunky scraps that will be hard to use with just about any other yarn weight ever.

No comments: