Friday, June 10, 2011

Red Afghan

Mid-January, I made a trip to Hancock Fabrics. I had just moved, and naturally had to stake out my new fabric store. I got lucky. Christmas items were on sale, which included this lovely rich red yarn with a bit of gold running through it (there was also a really nice forest green, but only one skein, and a bright cherry red, that I wasn't sold on). Lion Brand Yarn, at $1/skein- quite a deal. Naturally I bought all the skeins they had left of it (about 6). Enough for an afghan.

The color reminded me of Hannah, who is a big fan a good, deep red. As I have too many afghans already, I decided to give the eventual product to her (see image).

Nothing too fancy stylistically about the afghan, it's just a plain single crochet the whole way through, nice and easy, relaxing. It took me a while to finish it, because there's been so much else going on in my life, and then a while to get to her, due to conflicting schedules and my need to wash/dry it before getting it to her.

No comments: