Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dino Plush



The other day I was sketching out some simple ideas for things that I could embroider, birds mostly, and I ended up outlining this sortof T.Rex shape. After some consideration, I decided that it would probably make a pretty simple and relatively easy stuffed animal. The main body is stuffed, the eyes are sewn on using my machine, and the yellow spikes are not stuffed, they're just placed into the seam in the back. This project was fun! The hardest part was trying to get the spikes on the back placed in just right so they would stick up straight, especially around the curve. I wasn't perfect, you can see a little twisting where it got stretched into the tail curve, but overall, I think the idea still translates.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

LOve the blog, Maggie. The dino is awfully cute, too!
Craig S.